Thursday, July 12, 2007

Security is Mostly a Superstition

My friend, Steph, has this great quote on her facebook site that I've decided I really like:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -- Helen Keller

The other night I opened my door, sat in the entry way and watched a magnificent thunder and lightening storm. Thunder and lighting storms evoke a sense of awe in me; they make me feel pretty small, powerless and somewhat insignificant in the grand scheme of things; they shatter my illusions of control. I think I need this every once in a while.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

:)


i was googling the quote and came across this post. just dropping a note to say i enjoyed it.