Saturday, November 1, 2008

Making Up For Lost Time




As a kid I attended more than my fair share of lame church Harvest Parties, which were meant to serve as some kind of substitute for Trick-or-Treating. Let me tell ya, there's nothing like dressing up as a bible character and eating donuts off a string… It was better than nothing, yet still left something to be desired.

This year for Halloween, I decided it was time to start making up for lost fun. On Friday night I went Trick-or-Treating with friends’ kids. I selflessly (wink, wink) helped “lighten the load” whenever the candy buckets became too heavy to carry as we went door-to-door collecting the goods. I also helped pass out candy to the kids who came to our door(s). Tons of fun! Though, I must admit, I was amazed at how many kids skipped the “Trick or Treat” line all together and simply made a mad dash for the candy. A bit disheartening, but not enough to dampen my spirits!

Tonight I went to a Halloween party at another friend’s house dressed, from head to toe, as a cat. This was never my intention! I was merely looking for a simple mask to wear. Somehow I ended up in a skin-tight, leopard body suit which I ended up wearing all night long! I’m placing all blame on my friend, Tina, for this one. However, I must admit, it feels good to be making up for lost time. :)

No comments: