Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sometimes I Just Have To Laugh

Sometimes I just have to laugh at the situations in which I find myself. Tonight was one of those times.

It's Friday evening and I'm at Bloom, pushing a massive grocery cart. Behind me is Seema, my older (60s?) friend from Pakistan, pushing her own massive grocery cart. Behind her is RoseAnn, a heavyset grandmotherly type woman with gray hair who likes to talk a lot. She, too, is pushing a large grocery cart. As we caravan through the store I look back and see Seema munching on Potato Chips which she has not yet purchased. "I'M HUNGRY!" she announces, loud enough for anyone nearby to hear. I can't help but chuckle to myself.

These are a couple of the women I work with. We're all out food shopping for an upcoming Parent Resource Room event. Not exactly a Friday evening out on the town, but it makes my heart happy. :)

No comments: