Monday, March 12, 2007

EAD Conference Update


The Ecumenical Advocacy Days conference went well. Thank you to all who prayed, inquired and/or were mindful of this event. The ecumenical experience is somewhat new for me. It was interesting...

My primary involvement in this conference was in developing the prayer room. I also had the privilege of helping facilitate Andrew Briggs’ involvement with our (Africa Track) Child Soldiers workshop. Andrew just returned from Uganda where he was using art as a form of therapy with former child soldiers. He spoke on a panel re: the issue of children in combat and exhibited the artwork of the children he worked with in Uganda, bringing a poignant perspective to the discussion.

I've uploaded pictures from the conference to Flickr for all who are interested. Check them out by clicking on the flickr badge in the left side bar of my blog.

2 comments:

Me said...

this looks great, Jen! thanks for posting!

Alycia Szilagye said...

Hi Jen! I loved looking at your pictures...great job on the prayer room, girly girl!