Friday, January 12, 2007

"...and How are the children?"


"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children."
– Dietrich Bonheoffer

The organization I am interning with (Africa Faith and Justice Network), in conjunction with the annual Ecumenical Advocacy Days for Global Peace With Justice (a movement of the ecumenical Christian community), is hosting a conference with the theme, "and How are the Children?" Following is a snapshot of the event:

In 2007, March 9-12, we will gather for the fifth annual Ecumenical Advocacy Days conference. Our theme, "and How are the Children?" will guide and inspire this gathering of over 1,000 religious advocates from a wide array of Christian communions. Experts will train participants how to do advocacy and inform them of U.S. domestic and international policies that impact all of God's children and are shaping the future of our world. The gathering will conclude with a visit to Capitol Hill where participants will ask their Congressional representatives to make the needs of children the center of the 2007 legislative agenda.

The Ecumenical Advocacy Days event is a joint initiative of numerous faith-based organizations. More information at: http://www.advocacydays.org/

If you're interested in attending and short on cash, I can probably arrange free lodging. ;) Feel free to pass this information along to anyone who might be interested.

2 comments:

Steffy78 said...

Jen,
I can't say for definite, but I might be interested in coming to the conference. Let me check my schedule at work, see who has off and go from there. Keep me posted with things like this. It's always welcome and interesting!

Steffy78 said...

Jen,
I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking of attending this conference. It sounds incredibly interesting and eye-opening. I need to check my schedule at work and see if any else has off that weekend. Keep me posted!