Friday, January 19, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies on Capitol Hill (Week 2 in Review)


I made chocolate chip cookies and brought them to a mtg. on The Hill this week. Actually, my intention was to bring the cookies into the office, but I decided to break ‘em out early. Probably not the most professional thing to do, but I think it was a hit (either that, or people were just being charitable...). Besides, these are NGO (Non Government Organization) people; it’s not like they’re beyond enjoying homemade chocolate chip cookies.


I’m not as intimidated by DC as I was last week. (Many thanks for the thoughtful emails, prayers, and words of encouragement.) After the mtg. on Tuesday (the choc. chip cookie mtg.), I approached the Africa Track Chair Person about the possibility of putting together a prayer room for all who attend the Ecumenical Advocacy Day conference for which we are preparing. This woman directed me to the Conference Coordinator, whom I ended up meeting later on that day when I stopped by his office to pick up publicity postcards. In the few minutes that I had to chat with this guy, I mentioned the prayer room idea. I’m not sure if I should have done this so soon after meeting him, but I did. He suggested I put together a proposal. (I think that’s what everyone says when they don’t want to give you a definite answer.) So I’ve put together a proposal/brainstorm and just sent it to him. We'll see where this goes...

2 comments:

fiddlerwannabe said...

Jen - What a great idea and a great way to unify a diverse group! They're blessed to have you. Not only are you creative, you're a great cook...and whose daughter are you?
love you,
ma

Sue Densmore said...

Jen -

Food always bring people together! I imagine the NGO people to be less stuffy than some..uh..other types...

Sue